Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pages


Pages of my life ..

Over the past year or more I've noticed that my blogging has diminished. Much has had to do with just having a busy life and lack of time to sit down and write. However I realized that there was something else keeping me from blogging more often. It kind of snuck up on me and I didn't even realize it at first. What did I come to realize? I realized that I started to worry. I worried that my writing was too long, subjects too boring or disagreeable, or too many posts filling up e-mail boxes. I worried about sharing experiences about my faith and religion for fear of offending any who might have different beliefs, I worried about grammatical errors. That's when I realized I had become side tracked from the reason I started a blog in the first place and after all it is my blog, why should I worry? The challenge lies in that I want to blog and have become tired of fear, maybe it's fear of rejection, who knows. What I do know is that if it's long, or boring, or laden with mistakes or experiences that others might not find interesting, that is ok. I do have a lot to say, and thus have a lot to write. Hopefully it's worth the read compared to the millions of articles that people read on the Internet each day by complete strangers. Either way, I realized I can blog and the reader can decide if they want to read it or skip it. So just for the record I am reminding myself why I started blogging.

1. Keep a record of my thoughts, experiences, and window into my life and the life of my family.
2. Keep family and friends up to date on what is going on in our lives.
3. Share photos and videos of our family.
4. Ultimately Blurb my blog (that's printing my blog in a book for our family to keep forever)


3 comments:

Jillynne said...

Amen to that, Karie! :-) Wish I had more time to do mine! I think it's been about a year or more. LOL

Celeste said...

I completely agree!! Sometimes I wonder if anyone even reads my blog, except you. But I continue to have to remind myself "why" I'm doing it...I'm doing it for me and my posterity!! :)

Becky said...

Good post. Sometimes I catch myself worrying too much about what someone else might think of me. But it's so refreshing to hear you say, "it's my blog" (dang it) "and I can write what I want". I enjoy your blog and for me right now I just find that I am fresh outta time! I have a hard time commenting and I updating mine. Life is fast and hectic right now. Thanks for keeping it going.