Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some things that made me laugh recently

Earlier this year when Dustin lost a tooth he left a note under his pillow for the Toothfairy asking if she would please leave him a twenty dollar bill. Our Toothfairy is pretty frugal, always leaves a dollar, something to do with your teeth (toothpaste, floss, etc) and a poem. The next time he lost a tooth he left a note wondering if she would leave him a two dollar bill because "he's always wanted one". Again, she left him a dollar, some toothpaste, a poem and then said that the next time he lost a tooth she would bring him a two dollar bill. So Saturday night (note the day and time) we were eating out at a restaurant. Dustin pulls his tooth out and with excitement exclaims "Alright! now I get a two dollar bill because the Toothfairy promised!" I thought I was going to bust out laughing and secretly hoped the Toothfairy could come up with a two dollar bill on a Saturday night ..... and the Toothfairy did not fail us. Dustin left a note under his pillow reminding the Toothfairy that she promised him a two dollar bill and of course was delighted to wake up to find one under his pillow.

I was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday. She spent the morning going through boxes of old items in her garage. Then she said "You are not going to believe what I found!!!!" I tried to imagine what nifty little piece of personal treasure she might have come across when she said "I found my Star Trek the Next Generation Technical Manual!!!" Apparently she hadn't seen it for a long time. This made us both laugh! It's funny the little things that people have as a hobby or are interested in. She still can't find her Klingon dictionary. We both laughed again!

Participated in a mother daughter activity last night at church. Daria was worried that I wouldn't be able to attend because I have Cubs every Wednesday. The activity was fun and what made me laugh was after all the "concern that I might not be able to attend" Daria had the "I really want my mom to be there but I don't want her to know I want her to be there attitude" during the activity. It cracked me up. However afterwords she boasts to Dustin "Mom and I had a great time it was so fun!" Like any good mom I just smiled but could not help but laugh!

4 comments:

Celeste said...

I think my heart will drop in my chest the day that Hannah acts like she doesn't want me with her. The thought makes me want to cry! And now that Hannah's 9 1/2 yrs old, I'm sure my first experience with that is just around the bend :(

I'm glad you can laugh about it...when my time comes, I'll have to get some advice from you!

Niki Carter said...

Cute stories. Is Daria playing in the talent show? She should!

Jonah said...

Rachel and I went to the HS dance concert a while ago to see some girls in our ward. when she got there she saw some friends and said "I'm going to go sit with them..." She was totally going to ditch me!!! I said, "and who am I supposed to sit with?" After some glances towards her friends they agreed there would be enough room for me too...very generous of them.

Karie said...

Well, Celeste, I really can't imagine Hannah doing that, I really can't. Only time will tell though.

Becky, loved your story about Rachel!

Nicole, I tried to get Daria to do something for the talent show, Tia even tried to get her to do some Tae Kwon Do. Unfortunately Daria suffers from the "I don't want to be the center of attention" syndrome! LOL, it actually drives me nuts sometimes because she could really shine in certain areas of her life but refuses so. Ugh!

The portion of the talen show I got to see was so amazing and enjoyable!!!