Dustin trying not to be nervous because he will be the center of attention
Well, a late out of date blog is slightly better than no blog at all right?? Thus the beginning of my "catching up on important memories" blog series. There has actually been a lot to blog about in the last 6 months, so I will make an attempt to bring everyone up to date on the happenings in our little family.
I'll start with December 2009. December is a busy memorable month under normal circumstances. However this past December it was even more memorable for Dustin, not just because it was Christmas time, and not just because December is his birthday month, but because he was able to be baptized, and join Cub Scouts.
I suppose we call could have smiled a bit bigger but this just happened to be the best shot we had.
Dustin and the Dad
I love this shot because it reminds me that Dustin just can't be serious about anything. He's always a bundle of excited energy!
Dustin and the Big Sister. Daria actually volunteered to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, although a few days before she experienced a bit of "did I really volunteer for that - nervous - what have I got myself into" emotions. She did a fine job and made a sweet card for Dustin too.
This is Dustin's primary teacher Sister B. Sister B. is the best teacher for the kids who are about to be baptized. I admire her for so many reasons and was so thrilled when Dustin got her for a teacher.
So let's recap. Dustin had a great baptism day. The room was full of well wishers all to celebrate Dustin's big day. Brother L. gave a great talk on baptism. In fact I wish I could have recorded it because I felt that it was one of the best talks on baptism for a child that I've ever heard. I wish I would have been able to record it. Brother L. is a good friend of ours. We've known him since we moved here. What was really cool and I thought inspired was that while Brother L. did not know Dustin's love and infatuation with the military, his talk centered around the Stripling Warriors, David, and "fighting" for the right things. It was very moving and I think explained baptism and the gospel to Dustin in a way that he could relate to, and Brother L. even gave him a sword of his own to remember this special night by. Dustin received his own set of scriptures, a tie tack from Grandma M. and a really neat baptism towel from Grandpa Reed and Grandma Carol.







7 comments:
I love the one with him and his Dad looking at each other! I also love the one with him and his teacher. So cute!
Wait! Is that it? I settled in to the couch with a box of kleenex and set apart some time to sit down and "get caught up" :)
I love that you share these things. I want to be there with you guys to experience those. You are one of my favorite families to live vicariously through. Anyhow, I just look and think back to when Daria was just a baby and my mother and I came to visit in your old home and how you used to make your own baby food (man, was I impressed). How are they already old enough to be baptized?
I gave a talk today in church(rather said what God wanted me to say to His congregation). I reminded them that God knows each of us and what we need out of life to be the happiest in both this world and the world to come... why am I saying all of this? Well, when you post, I'm reminded of how you try to do the best you can. You and Ken make sure that His spirit is part of your family's life. I am able to see that the Lord is aware of you and your family and he puts all of those people in your lives to help enhance their character. I'm so glad that you share these points. It just reminds me that the spirit of God is around us and will always be if we live worthily.
I love all the pictures. You have such a beautiful family and you are always so beautiful yourself.
I can't wait to read more later. Hope all is well with you guys!!
I think I love Dustin even more! He really is a wonderful boy and has so much life and love.
it's wierd to think that when I first met Dustin he had just started walking...WOW how time flies!!!
I loved the pic of Dustin & Ken!! Adorable!!
Can't wait for the rest of the "catch up" stories :)
So sweet! And I LOVE your curly hair!!
Thanks Karie! I have actually been meaning to call you to ask you about your schedule at your house. I am wondering how you get your kids to practice piano and do homework! I need help! I'll call you soon.
Ahhh, it feels so good to be back in the blogging world with my blogging friends. What would I do without each of you super amazing women in my life??
Cheri, you are way to kind with your words. Really, if you spent a week with us you might have a different impression! LOL. Life can really be mundane amid parenting and acting as a ref between the world wars that we have in our home! LOL!
Nicole, when are you going to blog about the horrifying incident with Rachel/dinner?? or maybe you don't want to have to live through it again. Chris L. mentioned it and I thought "Oh my goodness!" a parents worse nightmare. I'm glad it ended positively! You guys are awesome! while that must have caused some serious anxiety and fear, I thought, Wow, your kids are super creative and confidant.
Post a Comment