Some Saturdays are relaxing and some are busy. Here was our list of things to do today:
1. Go to Hannah's baptism
2. Go to Dustin's soccer game
3. Go to Logan's birthday party
4. Put stuff together for the Blue and Gold Scout banquet
5. Take a few loads up to Goodwill
It really wasn't that busy of a day because the first 3 items on our list were all being held about the same time. Being the creative people that we are we were able to go to a portion of the baptism, all of Dustin's game and the last portion of the birthday party. That left the rest of the day for the last two on the list.
The funniest thing we experienced today was listening to our friends cd version of "Once There Was a Snowman". For those of you who aren't LDS or who never attended Primary this will hold no value for you. For those who are, you know the song I'm sure, just imagine it put to words of popular songs all the way from the 50's to 2000's. We cracked up and had to listen to it several times.
Ken came home this morning after two shifts of Ambulance training. He's lovin' it!
Dustin's soccer game. It is really a blast watching these little 5 year olds play soccer. They really don't understand the rules. The only thing they understand is 1. run hard 2. kick the ball. But lines, boundaries and goals, that is not even in their realm of thinking. That's what makes it so fun to watch. Today at least 4 times the ball seem to be played across the width of the field, not the length of the field where the goals were. The teams would run and kick and run and kick and it would play right through the field next to them. It would make a great home video. None the less, the kids are having a blast.
The picture above is of the Valentines gift that Daria made Ken in school. Pretty cute I must say.

1 comment:
I really do "stalk" your blog. I'm sad you had such a big load to take to goodwill that I wasn't able to check out!!! I know, I'm super cheap...but in a way, lots of good friends have made me that way.
I see Ken is doing ambulance training? Is this in attempt to get a second job? Just wondering. See - ...it appears lots of "men" out there are getting more than one job. I hate to say this, but I understand why - the wives are wanting to stay home and it's hard to make it on one person's salary (and sometimes people just don't want to "make it") I don't mind working and I fear, more than one job would put Jamie over the edge of tiredness...which makes his MD more obviouse and his brain tends to shut down (like most people when they are over tired)...Trust me, I'd rather have a Emergency Dr who just started a shift than one that's about to end theirs!!!
I have that Primary CD. See, it's all part of my Testimony of how I KNOW I'm in the right place with my calling. I got the CD while in Las Vegas last year and was so excited to share it, only to find out the whole Primary Presidency KNEW that the President was figthing to get me in Primary>>>so they had an inside chuckle when I went to play the CD for them! The Activity Day girls have enjoyed the "swing dancing" Poppcorn Popping songs...I just love the whole CD.
I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the candy bouquet that Daria made. Don't tell her, but I noticed her front teeth - and I had the same issue, it's a long story - I never got braces and it all comes down to my need to be different etc! I can give ya'll some technic's to help the teeth move closer. Yet another things I wish I we had more time in our lives to chat about...it's a long story of why my teeth are the way they are! Back to the flowers, I love ideas like this and hope that Abigail has the opputunity to do neat crafts like that at school, but I know she'll get to do some at home.
And for Soccer, Jamie and I LOVE to watch little kids play sports -it's too much fun. I think we perfer t-ball, but soccer can be a hoot too. Go Dustin.
This was too much like an e-mai - Hugs, Michele
Post a Comment