Up until now Dustin has not participated in any organized sports. I'm not sure how he would have been if I started him earlier, but starting him at 5 has been great! He's never really been interested in playing anything. This year he said he wanted to play soccer. So we signed him up at the YMCA. There are 12 kids on his team, 4 of which he knows. The first game was this last Saturday, with a chilly 42 degree temperature. I was really excited to watch him play, which surprised me since I'm not a big sports fan (unless it's like .... ice skating... or ESPN's freestyle on bikes or skateboards, snowboarding sports). I realized that when it's your own child they could be doing anything and you're excited to watch.
He had a blast, in fact he had a perpetual smile on his face. He reminded me of one of those Golden Retriever dogs, running and smiling at us as he chased the ball. He first played goalie, and blocked 3 balls! I think he had the most energy of all the kids out there, because even when they were standing around Dustin was running in circles (this is what we live with on a daily basis, the kid has more energy than should be aloud for one human being).

2 comments:
Way to go, Dustin!!! You're an athlete, now! Looks like a lot of fun. Keep up the good work, Buddy!!
Love,
Aunt Jillynne
That's my boy !!
Post a Comment