Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat ?

Dancing Queen
Daria's costume was a breeze this year. After digging through her friend's dance costumes, Daria found the perfect one. She danced her way through the Halloween evening. As you can see, she is doing quite well with the stretches from dance class at school! Way to go Daria!


Anchors Aweigh
Dustin chose to be a sailor this year. Only one slight glitch ... you cannot find sailor costumes for boys ... no matter I'll just sew one ..... another glitch .... you cannot find patterns for the old WWII style wide bottom sailor pants with flap. Determined to create these pants I combined a regular pant pattern with a lot of adjusting along with studying an actual pair of WWII bottoms and the end result turned out quite nice I think.  $6 for material throw in a white shirt and a $4 sailor hat and you've got a sailor costume.




The Sailor, the Unicorn Princess, and the Dancer .... sounds like the title to an unusual children's book. Fortunately it's just a photo of Dustin, Kat, and Daria. These kids are growing up! Where has time gone?


apparently no sailor is complete without the I "heart" mom tattoo. Dustin, don't you remember we are not supposed to draw on ourselves? :o)


2 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Very well done on the sailor costume and Dustin's right, I agree even with as much as I loath tatoos!

Jillynne said...

Oh my goodness -- these were great! Nice job on the sewing, Kare-Bear. And nice splits, Daria! And just BECAUSE it will wash off, I even like the (FAKE!) tattoo. ;-)