Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree....

See this picture?

The man standing up to the left would be George Hemingway, December 7, 1944. We met him this fall at the air show. Here we are with George.

Today, while thumbing through one of his multiple World War II history books, Dustin paused as he looked at the December 7th photo above and said "Mom! I just can't believe that we met this guy, he's like, in a famous Pearl Harbor picture and we met him .... it's like History right here ... it doesn't get any better than that!"

I completely understand what he means and I had to laugh to myself, well, the apple really doesn't fall that far from the tree does it ?!

2 comments:

makana hansen said...

what an amazing opportunity for Dustin an what a great mom you are!

Becky said...

No, it sure doesn't. But the greatest part of your/his interests is that you instilled in him (very deeply) a love for things that MATTER. He sees value in people and experiences and life has some substance for him at such a young age. It's so great.