Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Traditions

I never set out to make a tradition of having our family picture taken each year at the ward Christmas party but it turned out just that way. Now each year I make sure that we get our picture taken ... no matter what.

As I was looking through the past 9 family Christmas photos I realized that some things don't change ... like the horrible lighting in the cultural hall, or my hair, or the fact that apparently we never miss a ward Christmas party. Some things do change, like the back drop gets better each year, our red shirts change and sometimes get reused and the kids get older. This year when we realized that Dustin didn't even own a red shirt to add to the Christmas theme so he settled for a 4th of July t-shirt. Until next year!

2002

2003

2004

2005

2006

2007

2008

2009

2010

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dustin is working the too cool for school look in a few of them. lol. I love that kid.

Becky said...

Well, what I am noticing is that Karie, ...you happen to look younger as the years move on- really! How are you doing that? :) Oh yeah, and you too, Ken. lol. You guy all just look so great, how fun to look at each year. What an AWESOME family!!! xoxo

makana hansen said...

It was so fun to look through the pictures. I like that family tradition. I think I may have to "borrow" that