I did it! I finally finished our taxes. It feels a bit liberating to have them done. For most of our marriage we had someone else do our taxes because we had so many complicated scenarios that we would rather someone else figure it out. Last year however we didn't have anything out of the ordinary so I did the taxes on my own which were fairly easy. This year however was not a easy. The company Ken works for had some changes last year forcing the sale of certain stocks. No problem I thought. Well, if it was cut and dry it wouldn't have been a problem, but after several weeks of phone calls, research, and finally a call from the nice Turbo Tax man, I finally figured out how to report the information. It's mind boggling and reminds me that I still have no desire to be an accountant or CPA.
So yesterday, just like last Monday I did laundry again. (Obviously my Saturday cleaning day is not working out so well thanks to soccer games and choir practices) I realized that after finishing ALL the loads of laundry that I never saw Dustin's soccer shirt or muddy soccer pants from Friday nights practice. So later I asked him if he knew where they were. He happily replies "Oh, their in my drawers." I sat there with a smile on my face of course, not knowing what to say. The idea is to put clean clothes in the drawers and dirty clothes in the basket. Well, at least he got part of it right!
Daria has been practicing with the our church's Stake Children's Primary Choir this past month. This weekend our church is hosting a Palm Sunday Choir Concert so Daria will be singing with the children's portion. It should be pretty good and it is fun to watch Daria because she loves to sing. The group she is in will be singing the descant portion to "Beautiful Savior".
One thing I forgot to post last month: As many of you may remember, as a young boy Dustin spent most of his time dressing up as various people; firemen, Spiderman, Helaman's warrior, Luke Skywalker, doctor, Batman, Power Rangers, Davie Crocket, race car drivers..... Ok, ok, the list could go on forever. Most of that has faded now and sometimes I miss the funny things he would come up with. So last month Dustin came down the stairs clearly dressed as someone other than Dustin, and said "Mom, do you know who I am?" by the look of it I was going to say Joseph Smith, but instead said I had no idea. Then Dustin says "I'm George Washington!" It was so cute! Because of Presidents day they had been learning a lot about good ole George and honest Abe. Anyway, Dustin even slicked his hair back. When he came out again he said with a discouraging voice "don't you have a wig I could wear??" of course he was referring to the type of wig that George Washington would wear. "Uhhh, Dustin, no I don't happen to have a colonial wig laying around for you to wear." The fun never ends around here!

7 comments:
Love the stories Karie! I can totally relate about summer - I never want to be inside when it's so beautiful! And I love the brussel sprouts story! My kids have never tried those, (probably because I can't stand them!), but they gobble up beets (yuck!) at Sweet Tomatoes and could LIVE on salmon!
Wow! Great costume Dustin made! He's so creative -- and what a handsome kid he is in that picture! (well -- he's always handsome, but he looks very "dapper" like that!!) :o)
Happy almost summer!
L
J
dustin is so creative!!! he looks great!
Love all your stories! The one about the soccer clothes made me laugh. What can you do but smile when they are so proud of something they have done, that may or may not have necessarily been the right way to do it?!
Ok, so I don't know what planet you're living on BUT it is definitely NOT summer! All I have to say is that I still have snow in my back yard!! BUT I understand that Texas is quite a bit different than Utah and hearing about it makes me long to be in Texas again...you never know! Anyway, I'm bummed that I missed the neighborhood drive in :( I'll make Greg read your entry and maybe that will encourage him to think more strongly about returning to Texas.
Very cute pic of Dustin - what fun kid! And yeah, I have had the same probs with not wanting to cook and wanting to stay out - though I'm trying to have a plan by noon each day.
Your post made me homesick for my home in Texas, I loved hanging out outside chatting it up with the neighbors!! Sounds so fun. I like brussel sprouts, but the oysters...can do those!! Cute little Dustin all dressed up. Sounds like something Hayden would do.
I have learned that you make enough salad for everybody when you make yours - it works beautifully. you have seconds if you so desire and it keeps the seagulls away!
Post a Comment