Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Duet

When my sister visited us in January, she and Daria had the great fun opportunity to play a piano duet together. My sister is a natural at piano and has played since she was a small girl and Daria who is turning out to be quite natural at it as well seemed like a perfect fit for hopefully a new family tradition.

Before my sister's visit Daria picked out a piano piece so they could learn their parts and be able to play together when she arrived. We had a lot of fun watching them practice (over and over and over and over.) Kudos to my sister who had to play over and over again because Daria isn't always interested in using consistent correct timing. Regardless though it turned out really nice and I hope they do it again in the future!

I've posted two videos, one is of the song itself, the other is of some of the bloopers.

Duet

Bloopers

7 comments:

SouthernPeach said...

That was lovely, and fun!
The little ones screamed when they saw you walk on in... they couldn't quite figure out what Daria was doing... I said playing the piano..... Oh Well! Beautiful and Well Done! Thanks for sharing...

Jillynne said...

Hee hee -- I think I like the bloopers video best -- you can see how much fun we were really having, and that we weren't as serious as we appeared in the first video :o) Funny, though -- I didn't see you doing the "take 1...take 2...take 10!! to the camera while we were practicing. That was hilarious! (You're such a ham!)

Please tell Daria how much fun I had, and that I can't wait to see what music she picks out for my next visit! :o) (one-e-and-a, two-e-and-a...)

XXX and OOO to all of you!
Love,
Jillynne

Jillynne said...

P.S.
Maybe next time we should pick a piece where you, Ken, and Dustin can sing while Daria and I play??!! Tat way we can all be in the video! :o)
L
J

Becky said...

I just love the piano. Daria does so well. Her hands look so natural! Cute.

Ashley Seil Smith said...

She is getting so big and beautiful! This is Ashley (Seil) Smith. My mom told me about your blog and I'm so excited that she did!

Celeste said...

Pure talent!! Great job! I really enjoyed that. Now, hopefully in a few years I'll be able to play as well as Daria. Wish me luck!!

Erin Despain said...

Hey! This is Erin Wake. Wow!! Daria is so good at the piano! I am very impressed.