Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another excuse to use the computer

In September I attended the one an only CKU here in Houston. For those of you who have no idea what CKU is, well, to a scrapbooker it's like the Queen of all scrapbooking events. Alas, here in Houston! (that's another story). I took an Adobe PhotoShop Elements class and couldn't wait to get home and try out my new digital skills. Unfortunately, I arrived home to a dead computer. It sat on my desk with a nice little note from my personal computer genius that read "Do not try to turn on your computer, it's dead, I'm working on it". Ten years of trying to balance my computer time. I felt like my life STOPPED.... then there was the bright side. Surely it would be fixed in a day. To my dismay it took about two weeks. But the story doesn't end there. It actually was a huge blessing in disguise. I re-learned that life really can exist without my computer. It was amazing! I re-claimed my life, re-organized my time and miraculously was still able to journal and do bills. I have to admit, I sort of liked it. In fact i liked it so much I rarely even went upstairs to sit at my desk (which became a piling spot of junk papers). When my computer got fixed I of course wanted to hug and kiss it but it did help me to do other things with my time. Until.... Friday night while talking with two very cool friends (you know who you are but you swore me to secrecy about your blog so I can't type your name) and one confesses she now has a blog and even checks out a few other friends blogs. Now that was cool I thought. Here is the answer to my pitiful web-site that I've not worked on for at least 4 months. Do I like to journal? Yes! do I like to post pictures? Yes! Do I have a hard time keeping all of my family and friends up to date on our day to day ramblings? Yes! blogger here I come!!!

Just when I think I've weened myself from the computer, here is another reason to use it! Gotta love technology.