
There are those who remember a person's name by remembering the name of that persons animal. Then there are those people like me who never remember the names of animals that people own. The people who remember the animal names are usually people who love animals just as much as they love humans. I have friends like this and I admire that personality trait.
Daria loves animals, or should I say all creatures. (currently we have a 10 gallon fish tank which is our version of a "dog" ). She loves to catch frogs, and isn't grossed out (like Dustin) by picking up knight crawler worms, she loves dogs and cats and especially horses.
Which brings me to my memory of the day. Daria and I were talking about a time when we looked through a bunch of model homes (she laughed at the idea of a "model" home, I had to explain that one) and she remembered that we went with someone but didn't know who it was.
Mom "we went with Cheri"
Daria "Cheri?"
Mom "You know, Cheri, the one with the cat named Cosmo"
Daria "Oh that Cheri. I liked Cosmo, even though I never met him in real life".
Like I said I really don't remember the names of animals but WHO can forget Cosmo, he is a VERY special kitty.
So as the story goes, Daria is definitely a animal person!
Daria loves animals, or should I say all creatures. (currently we have a 10 gallon fish tank which is our version of a "dog" ). She loves to catch frogs, and isn't grossed out (like Dustin) by picking up knight crawler worms, she loves dogs and cats and especially horses.
Which brings me to my memory of the day. Daria and I were talking about a time when we looked through a bunch of model homes (she laughed at the idea of a "model" home, I had to explain that one) and she remembered that we went with someone but didn't know who it was.
Mom "we went with Cheri"
Daria "Cheri?"
Mom "You know, Cheri, the one with the cat named Cosmo"
Daria "Oh that Cheri. I liked Cosmo, even though I never met him in real life".
Like I said I really don't remember the names of animals but WHO can forget Cosmo, he is a VERY special kitty.
So as the story goes, Daria is definitely a animal person!

1 comment:
So, I was glancing through your blog and came across this... Not being very hip, I haven't gotten into 'blogging'. So, I took a little more time to go through this and saw this... It made me smile. I can't believe that Daria remembered Cosmo. I sure do miss you guys and am so happy that you found each other and are enjoying life!! You deserve to have a fun time on this earth. I always wish you the best!!
Post a Comment