Daria, one of the newest members of the National Junior Honor Society
Sometimes we don't realize how much and how well our kids are doing. Once Daria was nominated, we were required to turn in a list of things she has accomplished; service she has provided, leadership opportunities, skills she has excelled at, and any other activities that fall under the Honor Societies umbrella of excellence. As we started putting this list together I was amazed at how much she has done. I think every person should sit down and make a list of things they've done, we might surprise ourselves. We might feel better about ourselves if we realized how much we really do.
This reminded me of something I failed to post. When Daria was in 6th grade she was awarded - The Presidential Education Award for Outstanding Academic Excellence (this was based off of academic and leadership skills). Only a handful of students (I'm guessing about 24 out of the whole grade) received this award which they were not aware of until the award was presented.

Daria holding her Presidential Education Award, signed by the President of the United States


1 comment:
Congrats Daria!!! What a wonderful achievement :)
Post a Comment