We all know that the older children get the more stupid the parent gets... right? Well, here is proof that as parents we REALLY ARE SMART. I'm blogging this so that it goes on record because one day I'll have to pull it up and show Dustin just to remind him that I AM smart.
Here's the scene.
Dustin brings most prized Lego pieces in the van as we go out as a family. Once back home Dustin realizes he cannot find his most prized Lego pieces. Dustin cries. Dustin searches. Dustin cries some more. Mom tells him to wait until morning to search again because there will be more light making it easier to search. Dustin gives in and waits until the next morning. Dustin searches again, cries again, feels life is over because the little Lego pieces are missing in action. Mom tells him 3 times "why don't you check your pant pockets?" Dustin doesn't listen. Dustin is angry, Dustin looks in the van again. Mom mentions one more time that he should look in his pants. Minutes later Dustin comes running down stairs and in a loud excited voice yells "MOM!!!!! YOU ARE SOOOOO SMART!, the Lego's were in my pocket, HOW DID YOU KNOW THAT???!"
So there you have it folks. Dustin actually admitted that I AM smart. Ahhhhhhh, it's nice to have a mommy payday once in a while.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I could have told you that you are smart...kids just take a little more time to realize that! Mine are still in the process of realizing that I do have a small amount of wisdom that I'd like to share with them...hopefully soon!!
Oh how fun it will be when they become teenagers and once again think we're dumb as rocks!! Can't wait ;)
I love it. Good plan to record the event. You will need it sooner than later, I think. :) Cute boy.
That was too funny! So glad you recorded that for posterity...and the rest of us!
Post a Comment