Monday, January 26, 2009

It's great to be a girl!...

And here's why.

This video by Kelly Corrigan, author of "The Middle Place" really packaged up the enormous value of women and their friendships with other women, their friends, mother's and sisters. At times when it can seem so frustrating to be a woman because we are so interconnected which can be so complicated at times, and men often don't understand our need to connect. Yet in reality we've been blessed to inherit a God given divine nature to connect, nurture, love, and support, laugh, cry and bind up each other's wounds. I can relate to this woman's experiences, (minus the getting together for a drink or a smoke, but ultimately she has experienced just what all of us women do when we have a great group of friends). The second video was poignant as well. Too all my women friends and to Amy O., here's a video for you



To view the second video you will either have to click on the link or copy and paste it. A great honor to the purpose of a family.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permalink/m3R156WOA9WSBE

3 comments:

amylynne said...

I loved this! It's the perfect complement to the post I did on men the other day... haha.

Monica said...

I love that transcending video, Karie! I immediately had to forward it to several family members. Thanks for posting it!

travelingtxmom said...

Thanks Karie, it was wonderful.