Thursday, April 10, 2008

Catch up

My goodness how time flies!!!! I'm sitting here with absolutely nothing to do for 10 minutes (that is 10 minutes before the kids get home, which by then I'll be busy again) so I thought I would update my blog. It's all random, not in order, so enjoy.
These pictures are from Easter time. Kat has a family tradition every year to make sugar eggs with her grandmother. This year Dustin and Daria had the great opportunity to be a part of that tradition.
Mixing the sugar

making the molds


this is why these will NOT be edible

finished product



Daria and Dustin on Easter. I'm happy to say that I got 2 years out of the dress I made for Daria last year, or was that the year before??? I can't remember but either way, it's been used often.


Biking with our good friends. No you are not seeing double. We have the same vans and happen to have 4 people in each of our families, thus 4 bikes on each van. We rode up and down hills and through the woods (seriously) and then had a picnic dinner complete with rotisserie chicken, rice, grapes, and chips. It was delicious!



The family


General Conference BINGO. As you can see the kids got a little carried away with the Starburst, but they were listening which was the point.

6 comments:

Jillynne said...

A family outing on bicycles -- how fun!! Was that recent? Man!!! I sure wish we lived closer -- it's times like these that I REALLY miss you, Kare-Bear!

Jillynne said...

Oh yeah -- I forgot -- the eggs turned out awesome! Is the egg a solid ball of sugar, then? And what do they do with them once they're all decorated? (You DID say they weren't really edible -- too much sugar?) ;o) I wonder if you can freeze them for use every Easter?

Great job, kids!!
Love,
Jillynne

Karie said...

We've been having a blast riding bikes as a family, and do it quite frequently now. Thankfully everyone wants to go. No the eggs are hallow. If you enlarge the picture of the finished egg you can see that there is a baby chick inside. They are for decoration only and will last for ever I think. Jen made one for me the first year we moved here and I still have it. Anyway, I suppose you just wouldn't want to eat them for that reason. Daria and Dustin only helped with the molds and licking the sugar off their hands. Kat and her grandmother did the rest, but Daria helped Kat deliver them. What a fun tradition!

You know you could always move closer!!!!

Becky said...

Hey! We have that exact same van, too. We would have a couple more bikes on the back, but it could have been a triple van photo. Loved the pictures!

Celeste said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacqueline said...

Your kids are so adorable. So fun to see as I moved away when they were so tiny. It's been a long time! You do a great job with your blog and it's so fun for me to see and read. You are one cool chick!

Love,
Jacque