I'm up late working on something for Enrichment. One of those "last minute Leah's" I call it. I've got a friend that no matter what she is planning she will come up with some amazing extra ideas at the last minute that would actually take a miracle to accomplish, which she usually pulls off and her name is Leah. Thus anytime something like this happens I have to name it after her. I've told her before, she laughs because she knows it's true.
Tonight while Dustin was taking a bath and playing in the tub we could hear him singing. Some broken version of Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and a few added Santa's in there as well. It was to cute to pass up. So we hid behind the door and recorded the singing. When he was finished dressing and came out and saw us at first he was laughing, then his laugh turned into madness and he fell into a full blown tantrum. His reasoning in his own words to his dad "It was horrible, I only know 3 of the reindeer's names!!!!" It was all we could do to not bust out laughing so we did our best to be sympathetic. Besides neither of us know all the reindeer names either. That fact didn't make him feel any better.
A few Saturday's ago Daria went on her first date..... with her dad of course. The Faith in God girls (that's the church program for the girls ages 8-11) held a daddy daughter dance, complete with fantastic decorations, dinner, and dance lessons from two professionals. Ken even bought her a corsage. They had a blast! Ken said it was almost like prom they had it decorated so well. When they arrived home Daria looked like she was floating on air. They showed us some of the dance moves that they learned. It was so cute! It's a very cool thing to see these moments between a dad and his daughter.
A few days ago as I passed by Dustin's room I saw this on the floor. I just had to take a picture. No explanation needed.
For anyone who wonders what it's like to have a boy in the house, well the picture below says it all. I have no idea what type of experiment this might have been. It looks so organized. I found this several days after I found a small circle rock fire pit structure made from the rocks in our yard. It looked like it was made to build a fire. I did dismantle it and talked to the boys about the "fire" rules. Dustin is not a Scout but he does know that Scout's can light fires with rocks, and I've seen him try. It reminds me of a book I once read about raising boys. The first sentence said "your goal as a parent is to make sure he survives to his 18th birthday." Enough said!

8 comments:
I know! What the heck am I doing up commenting on your blog? It's been a trend this week--midnight bedtimes=super zombie mom in the morning. Luckily Marc is off for the whole week and gets the kids ready for school while I'm still in my drool-fest. Daria is growing up to be such a beautiful little lady! Bet she has Ken wrapped...
Hey you should be proud that you are following through with a "last minute Leah!" I'm the type that might have that fantastic idea and just say "Nah...I'm too tired..." :) You girls know how to make things happen! Love the stories about Dustin, and the pic of Daria and Ken. Good times!
You're scaring me about raising a BOY!!! I'm already clueless and he's only 18 months!! What am I going to do when he's 6? YIKES!!!
Ah, boys -- always making the corners of your mouth curl up into a head-shaking grin. :o) What in the world are those things sticking out of Spiderman's head, though? LOL
Daria looks so beautiful -- and Ken looks great -- what a neat night it must have been for the both of them. :o)
okay, that story about dustin was waaaay too funny!
i miss you!!!
I think it's time for some "blogging"...
I'll just have you notice the order of Blogs I Stalk....
p.s. it's because I finally figured out how to change it.
Post a Comment