Or maybe it should be the sight of silence. Is it just me or are we entering that time of year where we get so darn busy that we can’t see straight? My lack of blogging has been attributed to the kids, making costumes, and helping put together a huge Super Saturday up at church for the ladies. My calling is Enrichment Leader, one which I’ve never had before but I’m always up for something new. I’ve always enjoyed the “homemaking or enrichment nights” at church and have tried to attend as often as possible. Now after working on a Super Saturday I realize now how much effort and how many people it takes to pull one off.
I’m pleased to say that it went very well. I’m so glad, for two reasons. One because I’ve spent so much time working on it (as well as the other ladies) and two, because women are so busy I felt like if they were going to spend one whole day at church it better be well worth their time. Slight pressure don’t you think??
Amazingly everything went well, not one single problem. We had a fantastic turnout and the ladies seemed to really enjoy themselves. I was glad it happened and I was glad when it was over.
My blog is looking a bit like my journal. Instead of daily small tidbits, it turns out to be one long summary of say, the past month? Well, at least it’s on record.
While driving through a floody street the other night the kids asked me what I would do if the water was deeper. Daria said she would run to the museum, steel the space shuttle and fly to space. Dustin reminded her that she wouldn’t even know which button to push to make it go since there are “100’s of buttons” to push.
I’ve never thought of myself as a “competitive” person. Maybe because I usually equate competitiveness to sports/games and I don’t really play sports. I recognize this is not the only area people can be competitive in. I never like to venture to far out with competitive situations, it’s not my style. Now, maybe competitive can over lap with opinionated, I do think I can be down right opinionated at times and I’m still working on how to come across with my opinion without being abrasive. I’ll let you know when I figure that one out.
I digress… back to being competitive. This month Daria graduated into using the piano books that I am now finishing up. The irony in this is that we both started piano the same year, just about 2 years ago. She started in the beginner kid books I started in the beginner adult books. Can you see the picture I’m painting here? Now we have to share the same books. All of the sudden I felt slightly competitive in that I want to be in a set of books ahead of her, NOT THE SAME BOOKS! Well, like I said, I’m not really competitive as that thought lingered only for a short time and then I just realized that I think it’s pretty darn cool how Daria excels at piano. She’s very good at it, in fact if she cared at all about her timing she would be super amazing, right now she’s just amazing :o)
I made my sometimes monthly pilgrimage to the salon today to pay homage to the beauty industry for helping me not look older than I am. My favorite part about going to the salon is getting my hair washed. They always take a long time and give a fabulous head massage. Just think how happy people would be if we could all start out with one great head massage.
Now back to finishing costumes…….(it’s fun, really I am enjoying it)
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm glad to know you haven't died! What was the most popular craft you did for Super Saturday? Sadly, the one I went to was glass etching on the bottom of pyrex, NO seriously! I am proud to say I finished the boys' costumes 20 minutes before the first of three Halloween parties here. Now I am laid back and waiting for the next two... Years past I sewed on the way to church... Hahahaa I found a picture of Daria while deboxing and it was of her caring around her little pumpkin she found at the methodist church in Temple. I just melted thinking how time flies... Do you still have that pic.? Hugs
e-mail me and i might tell you some good news...hee hee...m
Oh yeah! That is also my favorite part of going to the beauty salon -- the shampoos!!!! I always compliment my hairdresser (who I've been going to since I was 15 years old!!) Unfortunately, I think the shampoo is way to short -- I'm thinking of just going to her for a shampoo so she can spend a good ten or fifteen minutes on my head. LOL
Aaaah, the simple joys of life....
Love,
Yore Sis
Post a Comment