I really don't have anything to blog about. No funny stories from the kids, no exciting adventures, no strange encounters. Life is.. well, quite normal. A good friend of mine mentioned that sometimes reading blogs makes it look like we have these exciting lives. I think we all do in a way, but the blog is just a accumulation of experiences and events. But the majority of the time, life is just as mundane as the next family. Up early, breakfast, backpacks, piano practice, walk to school, cleaning, errands, projects, cooking, helping kids with homework, showers and baths, bed time scripture reading, playing, complaints. I think we can all relate. Still, I love to blog and I'm VERY dutiful about checking all of my friends blogs everyday, and sometimes twice a day just to see if they posted. It's quite an addiction. I always look forward to reading about each of your lives and the day to day musings of being a parent, mother, friend, sister, daughter. It gives me the boost I need sometimes.
I read a book one time about how women are relationship beings. In our day and age we can find ourselves so busy that we tend to have more acquaintances than close friends because we don't have the time to nurture them (rightfully so, our time in life right now has many priorities). I realized that for me, my friends blogs have become a great way to get back in touch with my closest friends (who if I lived near them, would be going to lunch!), when there is no time for a phone call or e-mail.
So with that said, thank you for your blogs where you share your life, family, and thoughts.
Here is a cute video that I think each of us could totally appreciate. It just sums it all up!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uISuvTiTYJA
Friday, September 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh -- that video was adorable! And so true. I love the ending. :o) It really makes me miss those days when Damion was small, (and HERE)! ;o) I sure miss those smiles and mini-dramas. Enjoy them while they're here, 'cuz it's sure hard to get them to commit to much time with you after they've gone. :o)
Love you,
Jillynne
Lunch indeed . . .don't I wish!
Love the thoughts and the video.
That was a cute video and isn't that the truth?!? At least around my house it is :) Don't worry about thinking my mom was Greg. Greg was bummed that he missed his sarinade (spelling?) though!
Post a Comment