
I just had to post this cartoon. A good friend gave it to me as a joke. It seems that when little boys are in their 5th year or actually 6th year of life, they begin to be consumed with making or hearing strange noises. Of course you know I'm talking about Dustin. I'm not sure if he has so much energy all wound up inside that sometimes he just needs to go outside and scream or bark like a dog to get it out. Who knows. It's some form of communication. If he's not doing that he's constantly making rhyming noises, different languages, or just weird sounds because he's got nothing left to talk about but has a hard time being quiet. Then there is the body noises. Ok, no I won't go into detail, but I've been pondering lately on why body noises are so funny. It is a double edged sword. Dustin laughs, I tell him it's normal, we don't need to laugh about it, all while I'm trying to control my laugh. What in the world is so funny about a body letting off some digestive steam? Then there are the burps. I think we got that one under control. Even Daria had to be counseled to stop pretending to burp or make herself burp. As a parent sometimes I just have to sit back and laugh about how funny little kids minds are. At any rate, I often find myself asking Dustin to stop making some noise, which he does, but then replaces it with another one. All I can say is school for him will be very interesting!!
We've had a good week and it's only Wednesday. I unveiled a new family plan during our family night on Monday. I did this in hopes of tackling some of the behavior issues in the house. Amazingly enough the kids love it and home has been a great place this week.
Ken is gearing up for his skills testing for EMT class. He's nervous but I am not worried. He is the top in the class right now and studies like crazy. I'm thinking all will go well on Saturday.
Saturday is our walk for Cystic Fibrosis with Abby and Katie. The kids are looking forward to it. Ken of course won't be able to make it because he will be in class.
Our next big event is next week is a visit from the grandparents. We are really looking forward to their visit. Of course we are excited for Daria's baptism. Daria had her interview with the Bishop tonight. She was nervous to go because Brother S. told her she would have to recite the 13 articles of faith. If anyone knows the Sowers family, they know how much they joke around. Even when I told Daria he was joking she wouldn't believe me. Brother S.'s wife reminded him to joke around with the "big" people, not the "small" people. We all laughed. I reminded Daria that Jesus got baptized and he didn't have to recite the articles of faith.

3 comments:
Beautiful picture of Daria in her baptism dress!
What an exciting time.
I'm with ya on the noises...we've got lots of them around here!!
Not only the noises, but the words too. Potty words. I told Hayden he could say them if he goes into the bathroom. It's like he has Tourettes somedays.
we havent made it to the noises yet with Liam, he's still in the talk your ears off stage. Funny post, and the cartoon was funny too.
Post a Comment